Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elder Taufui's Baptisms!

Thanks so much for everything. So this passed week was pretty fun!!! We finally got this one guy baptized. His name is Sitiveni and he's been taking the lessons for about 6 years b4. His wife is a member. He was suppose to be baptized like a month ago so the day b4 he was suppose to get baptized, the branch president called us, he had to wait cause he's not married and he's staying with his ex wife. So i guess they got married b4 and then a couple months after they got a divorce, but they still lived together. So finally we had the wedding then the baptism. It was good! The next day he got the priesthood. Then after, i was able to go see another baptism in my last area but ya so good. This was another part member family. 


So b4 me and my companion were working with them, but man couldn't really get them to commit to do anything. It was just hard. But finally the sister missionaries to get the mom in the lesson. (the member) and i guess it all worked out. And b4, the mom, she had a lot of anti-mormon things and she felt like when she was baptized, she said that it felt like she did it cause she was forced to do it. But at the baptism she had a few words and she was telling everyone that she just started to come to church and started to pray, man the spirit was there so strong. Hecka tight and then her husband, that just got baptized and his testimony was way tight too. He got up thanked everyone for everything. Then started to bare his testimony. And he was telling everyone about a dream he had and that if felt like it wasn't a dream it felt like it was real life. And he said that in his dream that he got baptized and he said it felt like it was right for him and his kids to do. And he also said that when he came to the church that day he felt like he was baptized. So it's always good to hear new converts bear there testimonies. And its the spirit is way strong when you get to see them get baptized when they are making that promise with God. The best feeling man just makes ya wanna cry!  hahaha its tight tho I'm so blessed to help these peoplez out here. 


But ya it's cool how God can communicate with us and let us know what were are doing is right. Just wanna share an experience I had this last week and it had to do with a dream. K, I had a dream and I was in a group or something and someone was asking us what our favorite scripture was. and everyone started to share theirs and the person b4 me gave theirs Mosiah 3:7. So I was like what the heck! Mine is in that same chapter. So the morning came and I forgot about the whole dream. And I was studying the plan of salvation and when I was pondering about the atonement, I was thinking of my dream for some weird reason. And I remember the reference of Mosiah 3:7. I didn't know what it was going to say so I looked it up and it was talking about what Christ did and what he went through cause of us. It's tight cause at that time I was studying the atonement of Christ and man it was crazy so now its one of my favorites scriptures and I know that God does love us and he does communicate to us through every way, in our own way. thanks for everything 
love ya 
BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment